Highland Capital Management Remains Dedicated to Offering Innovative Financial and Investment Products

Highland Capital Management is a successful investment advisory company that values its community. The company invests in financial markets and the communities where its employees work and reside. It is dedicated to improving people’s lives through volunteering activities, financial donations, and active involvement in advisory committees. These services are entirely open to community-based as well as national nonprofit organizations. As from 2005, the company and its partners had contributed over $10 million to organizations all over the world. You may have a look at the website to learn more.

The Formation of Highland Capital Management

In January 1990, Highland Capital co-founders James Dondero and long-time business partner, Mark Okada, established a joint venture with Protective Life Insurance Corporation. The enterprise specialized in fixed income markets. Later in 1993, it evolved into Protective Asset Management Company (PAMCO), which is an SEC-registered, and regulated, investment advisory company. Protective life owned 60 percent of PAMCO while the co-founders owned the remaining 40 percent of the company.

In May 1997, James and Mark purchased the shares of Protective Life and formed Ranger Asset Management, L.P., which is an independent advisory company that is SEC- registered. Later in 1998, Ranger Asset Management, L.P. was renamed to Highland Capital Management, L.P.

Investment Strategies

In 2000, Highland Capital Management expanded its investment base to include separate accounts and collateralized loan obligation (CLO) services through the introduction of a return strategy that focuses on distressed assets. For over ten years, the company continued to assist investors to achieve their risks and profit objectives through new strategies and value-oriented investments. These included retail and institutional funds with broad strategies such as credit hedge funds, equity funds, and oil & gas funds. Highland Capital Management has continued to be a trustworthy investment partner by investing alongside its customers.

Highland Capital Management

Highland Capital Management has its head offices in Dallas, Texas. The company’s other branch offices are in Singapore, New York City, Seoul, and Sao Paulo. It has provided a broad range of products for institutional and retail investors for more than 20 years. Highland Capital Management has a rapidly growing team of more than 180 employees worldwide. They also have a large social media network. Additionally, the company’s client base encompasses pension plans, financial institutions, and high net worth individuals.